The one about Api Cae Gourmet
Good Morning Abu Dhabi,
Boy do I have great news for you all!…A new homegrown business, Api Cae Gourmet, has just recently popped up in Khalidiyah… and guess what? It’s great!
Walking into Api Cae last night, I had an immediate feeling of nostalgia and familiarity. It had the vibe I always loved while sitting in Princi (London)… swarming with people, staff behind the bar attending orders and the food displayed before your eyes.
Api Cae is best described as an Italian Bakery/Cafe with a daily changing menu that serves salads, anti pasti - both cold and hot and a selection of pastas and pizzas.
- Chicken stuffed in oranges: very original and flavourful but only managed to have several bites
- Mozarella stuffed in tomatoes: juicy and very tasty
- Grapefruit wrapped in Bresaola: Always been a fan of a fruity appetiser so that surely won my vote
- Pizza: Excellent especially that it’s served per slice (I opted for the pepperoni which was very good)
- Lasagna: If you ever imagined you had an Italian grandmother (nonna) and she cooked for you …then this is definitely something she would make!
- Tiramisu: deliciously creamy!
- Shortbread with the blueberry mousse: Exactly how you would imagine it..The sweetness in the shortbread complementing a slight sour blueberry mousse - perfetto!
Friendly service during launch party
One of my favourite aspects of is definitely the ambience - Very bright and airy with plenty of space to move around.
Despite the no coke policy (which appears to be trend I don’t understand), I would definitely recommend Api Cae whether you want to grab a quick bite or even enjoy a lovely cup of coffee with an Italian dessert.
Api Cae Gourmet
Block A, Khalidiyah Tower
Behind Veneto & NBAD
Tel: +9712 666 8909