The one about Flooka
This beautiful weekend’s Saturday lunch took place at Flooka, a seafood restaurant at Dubai Marine Club. This, of course, only happened after a painfully long ride from Abu Dhabi to Dubai - driving on the slow lane (as per my father’s orders) and listening to music I dislike, at a volume my car definitely does not comprehend.
Needless to say, this outing was planned on a Sunday - the first day of the week- when you’re clearly not thinking straight.. and you tend to put too much thought into planning the next weekend! The nautical themed lunch should be a dead giveaway……
Food: Delicious seafood dishes and really, really delicious bread. My top picks would be
- Fish Sujuk - I’ll have anything smeared with pomegranate molasses ..definitely a sucker for it! ( a self discovery…)
- Seafood croquettes - deep fried seafood balls (very tasty)
- Batata Harra - spicy potatoes (we made a double order)
- Deep fried Shrimp - so tasty!
- For dessert - Booza with turkish delight (arabic ice cream) + White Coffee (Water w/ orange blossom water) are a must!
Service: Extremely attentive especially that they had a full house.
Ambience: Definitely make sure you take a seat outdoors on the patio which overlooks the sea. The weather was beautiful and the place was packed so make sure you book in advance.
Flooka is just the place to go for a long and relaxing weekend lunch with family or friends!
Until my next spot (Abu Dhabi venue coming soon!)